Colleges and universities in the US prefer SAT score to grant admission in their undergraduate program. For this, student aspirants need to score well to get into their desired college as SAT exam dates 2020 are released. SAT exams are the standardized tests to check the college readiness of the students.
The primary requirement is to know the fundamentals with good understanding. It will help the students to retain the concepts. The students must undertake mock sessions frequently to the acquired knowledge to test. It helps in building accuracy and more confidence in attempting those particular topics. Also, while practising through mock tests, students need to work on their pace with time for every section so that they have enough time at the end of the test to revise the answers. It is necessary to review the attempted mocks to improve the score the next time. Learning from mistaken questions is equally important for better practice.
- Attempting five long passages could be draining despite being easy to understand. Students should have a good reading habit to brush up their speed to give the test. Reading non-fiction from newspapers and magazines will help the students with an active understanding of the passage in the exam.
- The level of difficulty increases with the number of questions in the maths section. It is beneficial for the students to learn shortcuts on a calculation which makes mental maths easier, thus saving time on the test.
- Relying on Big Picture and not working on grammar might lose you a lot of ‘easy to get’ marks. Brushing up on grammar in the verbal section will help students score better with practice.
- Find the authentic resources for preparation and test practice, as not all the sources are reliable. The reliable sources would have preparation material according to the different difficulty levels with a better explanation on the mock test answers.
- The students must practice full-length mock tests once they have learned the fundamentals. Doing only single section practice would not prepare them well for final SATs as fluency in attempting the questions would become harder to reach. The students should get comfortable with the format and not feel burdensome while attempting a full-length test.
- Cramming would not help the student to retain the information for longer. One should prepare and understand the material and also review it frequently.
- Students should avoid practicing for more than three hours a day. Taking a break in between helps the information to sink in and re-energies. Schedule the time table to study material and practice with breaks.
- The student may be good at reading or calculations. Each student should know about his weaknesses and work harder on it simultaneously while practicing on things they are already good at. It will help them gain efficiency in all the topics equally.
- One should get a preparation partner and practice with them holding each other accountable for scoring better. It brings in the habit of building each other together for the better. It is an effective way to practice.
The above tips would help the students score higher in their SATs.